Harry Raucher retired from the LWDD Board of Supervisors after serving 11 years, with 5 years as chairman. LWDD management and staff are grateful for his leadership and vision over the years. We wish Harry and his wife Barbara all the best on their new adventure. Carrie Parker Hill, a resident of Boynton Beach, was appointed interim Supervisor to complete his term which ends January 2023. Read the Board Proclamation passed on October 12, 2002, in honor of Raucher’s service below.
Proclamation In Honor Of
Whereas, the Lake Worth Drainage District is a public body and political subdivision of the State of Florida, which owns rights-of-way and manages over five hundred miles of drainage canals within its jurisdictional boundary; and
Whereas, HARRY RAUCHER was appointed to the Lake Worth Drainage District Board of Supervisors on May 11, 2011, and subsequently elected by the landowners within the Lake Worth Drainage District, and has faithfully served the Lake Worth Drainage District over eleven years; and
Whereas, HARRY RAUCHER during his tenure as Board Supervisor has demonstrated extraordinary leadership and facilitated many significant accomplishments including but not limited to:
- Development of the C-51 Reservoir concept as a future supplemental water supply;
- Establishment of a Capital Improvement Program to refurbish the District’s water control infrastructure;
- Developing a comprehensive Canal Rehabilitation Program and clearing miles of vegetation from District canal rights-of-way;
- Implementation of a SCADA system and remote monitoring technology to automate the operation of major water control structures and transmit real-time data to water managers for immediate flood control decision-making;
- Modernization of the District’s office and campus facilities to ensure a productive and safe work environment; and
- Building positive, working relationships with residents and legislative bodies within the jurisdictional boundary of Lake Worth Drainage District.
Whereas HARRY RAUCHER is retiring from service as Board Supervisor of the Lake Worth Drainage District on the October 12, 2022, and the Board of Supervisors and employees desire to honor, recognize and bestow upon HARRY RAUCHER the deserved appropriate accolades for his service.
Now, Therefore Be It Resolved, that the Board of Supervisors of the Lake Worth Drainage District, does hereby bestow special recognition to HARRY RAUCHER for his exceptional leadership and service to the Lake Worth Drainage District.