Annual Landowners Meeting and Board Election
The Lake Worth Drainage District (LWDD) is governed by a five-member Board of Supervisors who reside or own property within the boundary of the LWDD. The Supervisors are elected to three-year terms by LWDD’s landowners. Their terms are staggered to provide that at least one Supervisor is elected each year at the Annual Landowners meeting. Landowners may vote in person by ballot at the Landowners Meeting or by proxy. The Annual Landowners meeting is held in January on the first Wednesday after the 3rd of the month. The meeting is held at the LWDD Office. Landowners are encouraged to attend and participate.
Annual Report to the Landowners’ 2022
Executive Director Tommy Strowd, PE, presented his annual report at the Landowners’ meeting on Jan 5, 2022. Mr. Strowd reported on LWDD operations during 2021 and future goals for the new year. Click here to watch the video presentation.
- September 7, 2022
120 calendar days prior to 2023 Annual Landowners meeting and election
- December 14, 2022 by the end of the Board meeting
Deadline to submit intent to run letter in the 2023 election
- January 4, 2023 at 9:00 a.m.
Annual Landowners meeting and 2023 election for sub-districts 2 and 4
Note: all dates and times are subject to change
Candidate Profile for January 4, 2023 Election
Election Guide and Forms
- Annual Landowners Meeting and Board Election Guidance
- LWDD Enabling Act Chapter 2009-258, Florida Laws
- Candidate Sample of Intent to Run Letter
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Official Proxy Form for January 2023 SUB-DISTRICT TWO
- Official Proxy Form for January 2023 SUB-DISTRICT FOUR
(Directions: Each Landowner is eligible to vote in both sub-district two and sub-district four. Download the Official Proxy Form for each sub-district for January 2023 and save the files to your computer. Open the form from your computer file and complete the form. Provide your appointee with the completed paper or the electronic copy to be submitted at the election.)
Map of Election Sub-districts
- Supervisors are authorized to determine, set and levy a uniform annual acreage assessment upon each acre or fraction thereof on property within the LWDD boundary. Assessments are levied to maintain, preserve, repair and restore existing and future LWDD assets.
- Supervisors represent all the landowners within LWDD’s boundary, not just those located within their election sub-district.
- Supervisors should expect to devote a minimum of eight (8) hours per month to LWDD service.
- Board Supervisors are paid $150.00 of compensation for each day service is performed.
- Supervisors may elect to participate in the Florida Retirement System.
- Board of Supervisors positions are non-partisan.
Candidates running for election in sub-districts 3, 4, or 5 must reside in their sub-district. Candidates running for election in sub-districts 1 and 2 do not have to reside in their sub-district.
- Election Sub-District No. 1 is generally located south side of Okeechobee Blvd. and north of LWDD S-10s and L-28 canals, between FL Turnpike and SR-7.
- Election Sub-District No. 2 is generally located south of LWDD S-10s and L-28 canals and north of the Hillsboro canal, between FL Turnpike and SR-7.
- Election Sub-District No. 3 is generally located south of Okeechobee Blvd. and north of Lantana Road, between FL Turnpike and I-95.
- Election Sub-District No. 4 is generally located south of Lantana Road and north of Delray West Road (W. Atlantic Ave.), between FL Turnpike and I-95.
- Election Sub-District No. 5 is generally located south of Delray West Road (W. Atlantic Ave.) and north of Hillsboro canal, between FL Turnpike and I-95.
- Qualified voters must be at least 18 years of age and hold title to land within the LWDD boundary at the time of the election.
- Qualified voters cast one (1) vote for each acre or portion thereof of property owned within the LWDD boundary.
- Qualified voters cast votes for candidates regardless of the election sub-districts.
- Votes may be cast by ballot or submitted by proxy during the Annual Landowners meeting.