The official hurricane season for the Atlantic Basin (the Atlantic Ocean, the Caribbean Sea, and the Gulf of Mexico) is from June 1 to November 30. May is the least active month, while September is the most active. However, deadly hurricanes can occur anytime in the hurricane season so it is vital to be prepared all season long.
LWDD Updates & Community Instructions
- During a severe weather event, this section will contain weather alerts and community flood control instructions.
Damage Reporting System
Sign-up for E-notices
Videos & Fact Sheets
- Video: Proper Maintenance and Operation of Community Drainage Systems and Internal Control Structures
- Fact Sheet: Residential Communities and Flood Protection
- Fact Sheet: Guidelines for Maintenance and Operation of Residential Association Drainage Systems
- FEMA Guide: Hurricane Preparedness Guide
- Link: Palm Beach County EOC
- Phone: 561-712-6400
- Link: South FL Water Management District
- Link: Solid Waste Authority Hurricane Website